Holly Stone Manor – Update #2
YOUR ACTION & PARTICIPATION IS URGENTLY NEEDED!
An out-of-state developer purchased the historic Hollystone Mansion at 29 Fiddlers Creek Road and is seeking zoning variances to convert this residential property to a hotel and commercial complex with a full-service restaurant, spa, gym, gift shop. The plans include a new swimming pool and patio for outdoor dining.
Since learning about the application filed with the Hopewell Township Zoning Board less than two weeks ago, many of our friends and neighbors have joined together in an effort to oppose this intrusion into this environmentally fragile preserve along Fiddlers Creek Road on Hopewell’s border at Route 29.
The property is located in a highly-sensitive environmental area within the Mountain Resource Conservation (MRC) Zoning District, and is surrounded by the Fiddlers Creek Preserve, Baldpate Mountain (a nationally-recognized important bird area), and Washington Crossing State Park. It is in close proximity to the Delaware Raritan Canal and the Delaware River.
To date we have had an outpouring of concern and opposition to this massive commercial project:
- Neighbors have engaged attorneys to evaluate the documents submitted to the township by the developer in order to oppose the application at the Zoom meeting on December 7th.
- It is important to log onto the Zoom meeting to express your opposition. (Zoom info will be on the website www.hollystonemanor.com when the meeting agenda is announced).
- Residents are joining together to hire expert witnesses to testify about the environmental issues, the potential devaluation of property values, increased traffic on this narrow, rural road, and strongly object to the increased impervious surface, among other important issues.
- Many neighbors are expressing their opposition by posting lawn signs at their homes. If you would like one, please contact us.
- Stay informed by signing up for the newsletter here.
- Don’t forget to Sign The Petition.
HELP BY SPREADING THE WORD TO ALL RESIDENTS OF HOPEWELL TOWNSHIP
VISIT OUR WEBSITE OFTEN TO SEE UPDATES ON OUR PROGRESS
THIS APPLICATION WILL BE HEARD BY THE TOWNSHIP ZONING BOARD IN A ZOOM CALL AT 7PM ON DECEMBER 7TH. LINKS TO THE MEETING WILL BE POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE.
Leave a Reply